STOLEN CAR FROM CLUBHOUSE

in Welcome To The Village Voice Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:00 pm
by ADMIN • 89 Posts

my dear friend from Napes, Italy who i haven't seen in twenty years came to see me yesterday. she is like my daughter. i went to show her the Clubhouse. i parked in front at 3:45 and retured in an hour. i parked right in front, the first row. there was over a hundred people waiting for buses. they stold my car. it was a 1997 Honda Accord LX which was in great condition, just had body work last year, dark red. it was a great car, no trouble. the police came and said she never would have thought that someone would steal it in plain view in the afternoon right in front of a busy clubhouse. i can't sleep. i can't believe this happened. why me? i left my mail that i just pcked up in the car since i was coming back soon. i am thinking that my poor car is being ripped up for parts tonight and dumped somewhere. it did not deserve such an ending. i feel violated. and they know where i live and they know what money i have since it was a tax statement from Vanguard. i changed the account numbers immediately. are they out there looking? you feel you are secure living here but that is a joke, isn't it? how did they get in? who brought them in? security? workmen? residents? wow. i can't sleep. and what do i do for a car now? a new one? they will steal maybe. an old one and i will have problems with repairs. but my car is my ticket and i refuse to ride those trolleys and they don't go where i go. what a night! did you hear of this happening to anyone else here? it is license T070RJ. i loved that car. how sad.
Yes we have Ruth, Home Invasions, Robbery's, All 4 Tires Stolen From Cars, Bicycles Stolen,
Storage Lockers Broken Into, Washing & Drying Machines Vandalised for Coins etc... etc...etc...

WELCOME TO CENTURY HOOD

Last edited Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:07 pm | Scroll up

RE: STOLEN CAR FROM CLUBHOUSE

in Welcome To The Village Voice Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:30 pm
by Ruth

All these criminal activities are not being reported. It is not on the police website. That only shows the three sexual predators in the Village. Why isn't it being reported? Is it being covered up? Why? I was parked in the first aisle in the car parking area. It was not even 4 p.m. There were so many people around. Now I am upping the security in my unit and the next car will have anti theft devices. Of course nothing is theft proof but the rental I have now, you click to enter and put the clicker on a tray and only then will the car start when you push the button. And there are no cameras in the parking lot, just in the clubhouse. Maybe this will wake everyone up and cameras will be installed.

Scroll up

in Welcome To The Village Voice Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 am
by DISAPPOINTED

I was shocked to read the news of your stolen vechicle. What police link are you referring to? When I noticed that attempts had been made to broke in on several apartments. I was told to call Security and report it! Yeah, right!

Recently I noticed a moped right underneath the walk-way parked outside an apartment. Hardly anybody could pass by. Talk about a safety and parking violation. Reported it DIRECTLY to FRONT Gate Security. Came back an hour later and moped was still parked in front of apartment. Called and reported it AGAIN and even contacted the REAR Gate Security and then got a hold of the Security Manager at the Clubhouse. Totally-totally unexceptable!

All vehicles and residences need to have a security alarm system and Please DON'T advertise what TYPE of alarm system you've installed. It only arms the robber-Hello!

There's plenty of younger folks who are visiting on a daily basis and have access to Century Village. Nothing against younger folks but I honestly believe its either people working for Century Village or plain old visitors who could care less and are looking for an EASY target!

Folks in charge of the Security Department and Gate entrance need to do a better job and respond accordingly they are called in reference to a parking, security violation etc These folks are lazy and unresponsive!

I am disappointed, deeply saddened and upset with what occured to you and yes incidences have been reported to Security. Question is what are they doing about it?... Are complaints plainly being ignored by Security? What are the operational procedures for these types of incidences?

Scroll up

in Welcome To The Village Voice Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:49 pm
by Guest

The Pembroke Pines police recovered my car and arrested the individuals responsible. They are in jail. I will testify and help prosecute them. The streets of Pembroke Pines are safer now. This individual bragged that he jumped the fence to steal a car and it was mine unfortunately. It is is good shape except for the ignition which was removed.

Scroll up

in Welcome To The Village Voice Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:24 am
by ADMIN • 89 Posts

Glad everything worked out and they caught the bad guys.

Last edited Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:25 am | Scroll up

in Welcome To The Village Voice Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:26 pm
by daisy

Two apartments in New Hampton E were broken into. They went in through the windows. One resident was home spleeping and when the robbers left and closed the door the resident woke up, noticed his apartment and car keys were missing. The other apartment on the same floor was also entered through the window. A neighbor notice the door was open and since the owners were out of town he did not know if anything was taken.

We need to make sure we lock our windows when going out or going to bed. Whoever these criminals are, they are probably watching who enters or goes out. If you see any suspicious people, please call security. It's sad that this is happening in Century Village where I once thought was so safe.
We need to post notices on elevators or advise residents who do not speak English to make sure they lock their windows.

Scroll up

Apartments being broken into

in Welcome To The Village Voice Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:32 pm
by Daisy

Criminals are entering through windows so please lock your windows when you go out or go to bed.
We need to alert our neighbors.

These activities are not being reported. Century Village does not want to loose clients.Real Estate would go down because of all the crime.
They need to do something. We cannot live here worried we will be the next victim. Too many seniors live alone.

Scroll up

RE: Apartments being broken into

in Welcome To The Village Voice Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:42 am
by Santiago

Daisy
You're right! Be aware of your surroundings and strangers knocking on your door pretending to be looking for someone. It doesn't matter if they are holding a bible. Ask who it is in a ferm voice and do not open the door. I learned my lession a few years ago.

Close your bedroom doors when maintenance crew come into your home. Every once in a while, you will get one that askes too many seeking information questions not pertaining to what they are there to fix.

Scroll up

RE: Apartments being broken into

in Welcome To The Village Voice Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:24 am
by Santiago

Forgot to mention; If you can afford to have an alarm installed, do it! However please don't advertise what company you're utilizing by placing a window sticker. This only alerts them them in how to disarm it. A no brand/company sticker will do justice!

Be safe!

Scroll up

in Welcome To The Village Voice Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:00 pm
by Ruth

This man is still in jail and the State Attorney told me they will not let him post bond. He has a long record, done jail time and in general someone who needs to be locked up. On January 24th, they stole my car, another here on January 25th and another on January 27th. A lady came to me to tell me her car was stolen in front of her building four months ago. btw, does anyone know about the fire and gunshots we heard after midnight on what was then April 1? There were numerous police cars and firetrucks. It was at the end of the 136th Ave. entrance in front of Young Israel. Security won't tell what it was all about and nothing in the papers. It was a huge fire that looked like a vehicle. Anyone heard anything?

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Dilcia Prendergast
Board Statistics
The forum has 560 topics and 878 posts.

0 members have been online today: