Wi-Fi

in Welcome To The Village Voice Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:35 pm
by Santiago

Is anyone aware of possible Wi-Fi being established within CV?

Scroll up

RE: Wi-Fi

in Welcome To The Village Voice Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 am
by ADMIN • 89 Posts

Hello Santiago...
YES there is, it's already available to ALL Century Village Pembroke Pines Residents.
It's available through Comcast, The Villages Cable Provider who service ALL Condos in The Village.
First, It's NOT FREE, you must have an Internet connection with Comcast first, THEN- the wi-fi box is sent if YOU request it
( there is a $10 Shipping Fee ) The wi-fi connection is for YOUR HOME / you can lock it so no other unit owner can access
Your wi-fi signal ( thats how you get FREE inernet connection- hack into your neighbors account if they do not lock it )
So, Call Comcast, Sign up for inernet service to be added to your comcast cable, then order the FREE WI-FI Kit
( $10 shipping ) It's just about plug and play... If you have any trouble...Call Us
The Village Voice, Century Villages Official Information Website.
954-261-0000

Last edited Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:00 am | Scroll up

in Welcome To The Village Voice Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:02 am
by Santiago

I currently have a RENTED modem from Comcast of which I am charged a monthly fee. I purchased my own router. Comcast is my internet provider, which charges a separate fee.

Does this WI-FI box subsitute my modem? Cause I own my own router which is locked so others can't piggy ride. Sorry, don't know too much about this kind of stuff but was trying to figure out if it's less expensibe with the WI-FI. I still need a modem right or wrong?

Appreciate your assistance!

Scroll up

in Welcome To The Village Voice Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:30 pm
by ADMIN • 89 Posts

Good question.
I have a disabled brother who uses a Stand Up traditional personal computer, Otherwise known as
a Tower Computer, or stand alone.. Ya know, Large Tower holding all components, Large Monitor, Keyboard & Mouse.
Our everyday personal computer. He / we have comcast internet, HE has a modem to connect HIS computer, there is a $24.95 monthly charge for the internet service, I'm not aware of any "modem" charges, NEXT...i use a wireless laptop, i simply ordered a wireless Router/modem from comcast, Only a $10 shipping fee, No Additional Monthly Fee's whatsoever. wireless router plugs into modem, sends signal wireless with lockout function so No Piggybacking. Simply order the FREE Wireless Router from comcast, ( $10 shipping fee )
plug it into modem, follow instructions...Let us know what happens, look for the free wireless router on comcast.com
Thank you for using our Message Board Please tell everybody about our interactive website..
Thank you again...

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Dilcia Prendergast
Board Statistics
The forum has 560 topics and 878 posts.

0 members have been online today: